After crossing over age 65-70 our body losses all the physical power and good health. This is the time most elderly suffer from balance problems. Risks of falling, tripping and uneasiness and various health issue including diabetes, swollen feet, mobility, and plantar fasciitis were seen. And at this age, we can’t give them normal slippers otherwise the risk of injury may increase. So, after reading 10+ articles, giving 50 slippers trials and checking a number of customer reviews writing this article and gathered 6 Best slippers for the elderly with balance problems to prevent falls.
Our Top House Slippers for Elderly to Prevent Falls
Best for arch and foot issues: LongBay Women’s elderly Slippers with balance problems
“ A supportive insole relaxes your arch and relieves typical foot problems.”
Best for outdoor: Wishcotton Women’s House Slippers for seniors to prevent falls
“The slippers are versatile as interior shoes, ideal for stepping outside or garden.”
Best ugg slippers: UGG Women’s Ansley Moccasin slippers for seniors
“The support for the arch but older people with arthritis should definitely choose a more supporting insole.”
Best for size issue: Propét Men’s Cush N Foot Slipper
“Cush N Foot Slippers for Men by Propét are stylish home shoes for older men with health issues and hard-to-fit feet.”
Affordable in price: DREAM house slippers for elderly with balance problems
“DreamPairs Suede Loafers for men are affordable slippers and available in three attractive styles.”
Best for lightweight: Hanes Men’s Moccasin Slipper
“They are super light, comfortable and sturdy to wear.”
6 Best Slippers For Elderly With Balance Problems: Top Slippers for Elderly to Prevent Falls
There are many different slippers options for elderly people with balance issues. The most important thing to remember when picking out slippers is that they have to fit comfortably in addition to being well made and sturdy. If the price of a pair is too low, it may be because the material is not thick enough and will not offer much protection against cold floors. However, below are the top-rated slippers for seniors. Check them out without further delay.
The slippers are soft wool-like knit tops with silky fake rabbit fur linings. It is the best orthopaedic slipper for the elderly. They include a single hook & loop clasp for weary, swollen feet and more stability. A customer noted that she got a slipper for her mother, she is 96 years old and has foot issues. They look and feel amazing on her feet, and she adores them. She usually wears a size 6, but she ordered a size 7 to account for the fur inside the shoe and her swollen feet. She can adjust them with the adjustable strap on top, and she adores them. Additionally, a supportive insole relaxes your arch and relieves typical foot problems from everyday walking or standing, for example, plantar fasciitis.
- Sole: Rubber sole
- Insole: High density(80D) memory foam sole
- Upper: Soft wool knit
- Liner: faux fur
- Ideal slipper shoes.
- Provides cushioning and support.
- Non-slip rubber sole.
- Available in 3 colours.
The slippers are versatile as interior shoes, ideal for stepping outside or garden. Also, this slipper is for the elderly with swollen feet. These Wishcotton light slippers include lightweight, airy cotton-blend tops and a four-layer moisture sole with shock absorption to relieve heel pain. I really loved these house slippers. It’s too attractive in the design and I got it for my 70 years old grandmother. Regarding the slipper she noted; life is now all about comfort. I go outdoors (back yard) frequently during the day to let my dogs out, and they are ideal, even if I never leave the patio. I take them to the mailbox and wear them out. It rained yesterday, yet these remained dry (of course, I dodged puddles). I have even cleaned them and they came out looking great. They also provide me with excellent stability and do not leave any traces on the floor.
- Sole: Smooth rubber
- Insole: four layers and anti-shock foam
- Upper: Blend of cotton
- Liner: Manufacture of cotton
- Machine Washable
- Memory foam footbed
- Lightweight, respiratory uppers
The Ansley combines fashion and function flawlessly. It’s the best women’s shoes for balance problems. These are some very high-quality slippers (they had better be for the price)! These are the best ugg slippers for women. Genuine animal leather with a smooth suede finish is extremely high quality and beautiful. It was simple to put on and take off without using my hands. These slippers required almost no time to break in. The only thing that has to be broken in is the faux fur’s initial snugness. It feels amazing and is really supportive, plus these are quite soft and toasty! I’m overjoyed that the leather is water-resistant and that the slipper has a rubber sole. A huge review came from the customers. one of the customers stated that: “The outsole is firm rubber, so it provides an excellent balance. The support for the arch is modest but older people with arthritis, bunions or plantar problems should definitely choose a more supporting insole.”
- Sole: Rubber
- Insole: Uggpure wool
- Upper: Water-resistant water
- Liner: Wool
- It features the highest quality leather.
- Outdoor and indoor use.
- Water-resistant silkie suede
Cush N Foot Slippers for Men by Propét are stylish home shoes for older men with health issues and hard-to-fit feet. Because of its extra-wide opening and hook-and-loop clasp, it is easy to put on and take off. To unwind at the end of a hard day, you will enjoy it immensely. Synthetic fabrics may sweat feet. While these Propet slippers are intended to breathe, sweaty feet in some circumstances may still be a problem. Seniors whose feet are prone to perspiration or fungi may choose all-natural fibre.
one customer says:” he has short fat and wide feet and do not get fitted with any slippers but these slippers make comfortable.”
Another review saw: “We received the long bay foam shoes today, my mother is 96 years old and has health issues, they look and feel great on her feet, she absolutely loves them, she normally wears a size 6 shoe but ordered a size 7 to account for the fur inside the shoe and swollen feet, she can adjust them with the adjustable strap on top, she loves them, thank you so much.”
- Sole: non-slip synthetic sole
- Insole: synthetic
- Upper: synthetic neoprene or corduroy
- Liner: synthetic
- Extra-large Velcro strap opening.
- Available in width sizes extended
- Removable foot-bed, if required, adapts to custom orthotics
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor usage
DreamPairs Suede Loafers for men are affordable shoes and available in three attractive styles. Includes the suede leather uppers, the sheepskin insoles and faux fur lining. You can attach insoles that will help people with arthritis, bunions, balance problems or other painful conditions. Although the non-slip rubber soles are flexible, they are firm enough to provide moderate balance support. On the other hand, seniors with severe instabilities may not be able to use it. If worn without socks, the faux fur lining will keep toes warm, but it may also cause some to sweat. It’s possible that people with fungal infections will want to opt for a more breathable,
However, wearing them without socks may cause considerable sweating due to the faux fur lining. Those with fungal illnesses should choose a breathable natural fibre.
- Sole: TPR( thermoplastic) Rubber
- Insole: Sheepskin
- Upper: Suede
- Liner: Faux fur
- Includes 3 styles and several colours.
- Suede leather upper
- Sheepskin insoles
These Hanes are Memory Foam slippers, super light, simple and economically available. Seniors with a tendency to overhot feet particularly appreciate this cooler option and diabetics can walk. This pair of slippers is exactly what every elder needed. After a brief “break-in” time of around 15 minutes, they fit flawlessly. That’s saying a lot considering foot size. A customer says, size is a touch large (size 11), and I frequently find that getting size 11 footwear is a little tight. I assume that a “true size 11” foot would fit nicely straight out of the box and would not require any break-in time. They are warm and strong, as promised, but I feel that a little additional information about the rubber sole in the description would help people decide whether or not to buy them; that sole material is a superb non-slip rubber!
- Sole: synthetic
- Insole: synthetic
- Upper: memory foam
- Liner: synthetic
- Indoor-outdoor sole textured non-slip
- Protection of antimicrobial odour
Things to Look When purchasing Slippers For Elderly With Balance Problems
- Easy to use Velcro attachments Look for slippers that are easy to open and close. Velcro hoop and loop are the best on it and best for swollen feet. It provides a high degree of Velcro hoop fitness adjustable slippers for elderly and you can change all day long to suit changing swelling levels. It may be challenging to handle other closing alternatives. Avoid laces that are undone and easy to travel over. Small buttons, clasps and buckles may be difficult to handle with or without an arthritic finger.
- Good grip outsole The outsole of the slipper is one of its most significant characteristics in terms of security and comfort.The sole should be strong, broad and textured. Slip-resistant rubber is of course one of the finest choices. When you have bought a slipper, keep an eye on your slipper’s sole to ensure that its slide texture is not too badly affected by wear and tear over time.
- Heel support Good heel support is a key component of a slipper for seniors. Your whole foot should always be in touch with the insole. This is crucial to avoid bone spur pain or plantar fasciitis. The backless slipper is risky for seniors. Easily they can lose balance by wearing, so for them, the enclosed heel is the right choice.
- Lightweight Thick, solid soils and a considerable deal of padding may be excellent to search for, but be cautious that your loved one doesnt feel too heavy. If shoes are excessively thick or hefty, they may be tiring to wear the whole day. This may lead to drag feet that are hazardous and cause falling.
- Comfort While many seniors are comfortable with soft, snug and warm slippers, the shoe’s support is a larger role in overall comfort for aged feet. Ultimately, proper fit and support reduces discomfort and provides the most comfortable slipper. So, you need to look for it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best balancing slippers for elderly?
Research shows that a firm, broad outsole and firm or cupped insole are the most essential characteristics of footwear for balance.
What are Orthopedic Slipper Inserts?
Orthopaedic inserts may provide extra support and comfort. Not every slipper is suitable with inserts, but frequently deeper styles.
What makes slippers safe for older people?
The safest footwear for the elderly includes:
- (adjustable, if needed)
- A good toe box
- Large outsole width
- enclosed heel
- firm footbed
- slip-free tread
- The easy and efficient closing process
These features not only make a slipper safer for the elderly, but they may also significantly decrease foot discomfort and increase comfort. Safe slippers should also be light and simple for the elderly to put on and off, especially under medical conditions and injuries that may impair their strength or ability.
What to avoid in a seniors’ slipper?
In general, elders should make sure that some hazardous components are avoided by slippers.
Non-textured outsoles smooth
Slippers are very essential for anyone, let alone elderly people. They’re essential to keeping the feet warm when the elderly members of your family are in the house during the colder months. However, slippers can also serve as great house shoes to protect your floors. So, If comfort is your top priority, it would be best to find slip-resistant slippers for the elderly with balance problems. Moreover, it is also important to make sure that the slippers come with extra cushioning around the heel so that your senior citizens feel comfortable while wearing slippers in the hosue.
So, it’s high time to take precautions early for elders. By providing non-slip slippers we can decrease the rates of falling injuries among seniors. The above-recommended slippers are the best for both elderly women and men. You can take any slippers from the list, all are with arch support and comfort footbed.